Sunday, May 4, 2008

I think I'm finally ready

I think I'm finally ready. The last of my lists has been made. The final things are in the suitcase.

Now comes the endless day of sitting - drive to the airport, sit at the airport, sit on the plane, Paul meets me at the airport, sit in the car (about 5 hours to Strasbourg). It's funny to think of travel as motion but for the traveller it often involves sitting still.

It's a day of being processed, checking in at the airport, through security, through the gate and then more of the same at the other end.

But it's also a day of change - from one continent to another, from one time zone to another and especially from one headspace to another. So important to get away to gain experience and perspective on one's life. Time to go explore

No comments: